Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Law Should Punish Cheating Spouses and Their Lovers

Finally, there is a way for scorned spouses to make the person who broke up their marriage pay.

Literally.

Laws in seven states, including Utah, North Carolina, South Dakota, Hawaii, Mississippi, Illinois and New Mexico, now allow spouses of adulterous mates to sue their partner's lover, according to CNN.com.

These "alienation of affection" lawsuits might be the best way for spurned spouses to keep their wandering partners in check. If their adulterous mates cannot find lovers, they cannot cheat. These lovers are as responsible for the adultery as their married partners and should face the consequences for violating a legally binding agreement.

However, a person who was unaware that his or her new lover was married should not pay for his or her bad judgment.

Of course, there are issues with these lawsuits. There's the possibility that married couples could dupe a wealthy person into sleeping with either of them in order to collect damages. Fortunately, the legal system is designed to prevent these dishonest people from collecting damages they are not owed.

Read more here

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My husband and i got Married last year and we have been living happily for a while. We used to be free with everything and never kept any secret from each other until recently everything changed when he got a new Job in NewYork 2 months ago. He has been avoiding my calls and told me he is working,i got suspicious when i saw a comment of a woman on his Facebook Picture and the way he replied her. I asked my husband about it and he told me that she is co-worker in his organization,We had a big argument and he has not been picking my calls,this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to Mr James(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) a Private Investigator  who helped her when she was having issues with her Husband. I never believed he could do it but until i gave him my husbands Mobile phone number. He proved to me by hacking into my husbands phone. where i found so many evidence and  proof in his Text messages, Emails and pictures that my husband has an affairs with another woman.i have sent all the evidence to our lawyer. I just want to thank Mr James for helping me because i have all the evidence and proof for my lawyer,I Feel so sad about infidelity.