Monday, June 11, 2007

Living a double life isn't fair to either of you

Living a double life isn't fair to either of you | Chicago Tribune: "Dear Amy: I have an issue that must be common with thousands of men, and I am hoping you can help me. I am in my mid-50s and have been married to a wonderful woman for 30-plus years. We have three children who are grown and out on their own. They are all doing very well.

When I was 12, I realized that I was different and attracted to boys, but I also was attracted to girls. I put my attraction to men aside when we got married, and I kept it aside for 30 years. I grew up in a time when gay relationships were not understood or accepted.

In the last few years, since my wife has passed through menopause and is not interested in sex, my interest in my own gender has increased. I have had a few extramarital flings with men, and now I admit to a long-term affair with one man."

No comments: